Art Classes

Sophomore Sarah Young, Haidyn  Courtney, Ahnalyn Ferguson, Kaylee Youngblood, Brennan Berryman and Kimber Stone crafting clay pottery, ceramics classroom, Oct. 4.
Photo by Hanna Ball-Murkle

Sophomore Sarah Young, Haidyn Courtney, Ahnalyn Ferguson, Kaylee Youngblood, Brennan Berryman and Kimber Stone crafting clay pottery, ceramics classroom, Oct. 4. Photo by Hanna Ball-Murkle

Alondra Valdez, Staff Writer

Senior William Auston was passionate about art class. He talked about the many ways of which he could express himself through all his art work. Auston loved how he could explore your values through different forms of art.

“Everyone should experiment with what they love and should also experience art class,” he said.

One part Auston loved about being in art class is that he gets to learn something about himself. A part that maybe he didn’t know about, it could be fun to explore his own mind.

“It helps portray yourself in many ways,” Auston said.

Auston loved his art class especially how nice and helpful the teachers were towards the students.

“They care about having a fun art experience,” he said.

He hopes in the future that he gets to pursue graphic design.

“Make sure you know how to express yourself and what you believe in,” Auston said.

Senior Hanna Kessler was also in an art class. She talked about how the class had a really positive attitude, how they were very nice and how they allow you to explore new things.

“I like drawing and being able to work with new mediums and ideas,” Kessler said.

Another highlight about art class was being able to learn at College of Western Idaho (CWI). She went Tuesday after school and was able to turn assignments in online which was a cool experience in high school.

“It’s awesome that Capital gives students the opportunity to take college credit classes in high school,” she said.

Kessler also took ceramic classes. It was something that she had never experienced before and how it’s different from the art that she did because she could use it in real life.

“Ceramics is something new I tried this year, and it is a unique experience,” she said.

In the future, art class will help Hanna go to school in California.

“Art opens opportunities that you wouldn’t expect,” Kessler said.