Varsity Swim Team District Results

On Tuesday, Oct. 23 the Capital Varsity Swim Team competed in the 2018 Idaho High School District III Swimming Championship at the West Y against over 300 area swimmers.

In this meet, the Eagles’ 19 girls competed in 28 individual events (earning 18 best times) and six relays.  Nine individuals went on to compete during the Finals portion of the meet in five events and three relays.  These swimmers included Junior Addie Nalder and Sophomores Macie Frans, Mercia Reames, and Reagan Walhof.  The women’s team finished in 8th place for the competition.

On the flip side, the male contingent of 12 swimmers competed in 21 individual events (earning 19 best times) and five relays.  Eight individuals qualified for Finals in five events and three relays.  These swimmers included Seniors Caleb Wray, Jake Gardiner, and Ben Gardiner; Juniors Paul Shutt and Paul Surbeck, and Sophomores Sawyer McCloskey and Quinn Rooney.   The men’ s team finished in 6th place, with three individuals and two relay teams qualifying for the State Championship Meet.  Sawyer McCloskey qualified in the 100 Freestyle.  Paul Surbeck qualified in the 100 Backstroke.  And Paul Shutt is the District III Champion in the 200 Individual Medley and 100 Freestyle.  They, along with Ben Gardiner, will also be competing in the 200 and 400 Free Relays at the State Championship Meet.
Thanks for supporting the team this season.  Our final competition is the State Championship Meet on 2/3 November held at the West Y.  We will have a minimum of six individuals competing in eight individual events and two relays, with the strong possibility of three additional swimmers earning qualifying spots in another two individual events and two relays.