Costa Rican Adventure 2019

Dear Capital High Spanish students and parents,

Would you like to improve your Spanish and have an international adventure? Join us as we travel to Sámara, Costa Rica, in June of 2019. Here, you will fall in love with this pura vida beach town, as you get to know your host families and experience the local language and culture. Students attend Spanish classes during the day and have a wide range of group activities in the evenings and weekend, including surf lessons, cooking classes, sea turtle viewing, Latin dance instruction, and a zip-line canopy tour!

Your chaperones are Capital High’s Spanish teacher, Señor Michael O’Laughlin, and his wife Fairmont’s former Spanish teacher, Señora Jenny Incelli. Sra. Incelli was lucky to live in Costa Rica as a university exchange student (in 1999), and has been back to Costa Rica several times since. This will be her sixth trip to Costa Rica, and Sr. O’Laughlin’s third! They most recently spent one month traveling around Costa Rica with their eight-year-old daughter, who will also be joining the “big kids” in 2019.

Why ACIS? There are many educational tour companies to choose from, and we have selected this particular package from ACIS because of its cost-to-value ratio, because of the home-stay option (living with a local family while in Sámara is a great opportunity!), and also because we were very pleased with the experience when we led students on the same tour in 2008. Please follow this link: tinyurl.com/samaratrip to see details of our upcoming trip, as outlined by ACIS. While you are on their website, click around to get some of your other questions answered.

Enjoy the photos on my website, srolaughlin.weebly.com, (from our 2008 tour to Sámara), and please make sure that you attend our first planning meeting, to be held at Capital High School, in the evening, the week after Thanksgiving. Mark your calendars for this no-obligation informational meeting:
Thursday, November 29, 6 pm – 7 pm.