- The student news site of Capital High School - Formally known as CHS Flight -
Back to Article
Back to Article

Varsity Football

Senior Jacob Jones makes a touchdown with 53 seconds left in the first quarter at Dona Larson Park against Boise High on, Aug. 30. “I missed the hole, so I told myself I better make up for my mistake. I was supposed to go up the middle but instead I went right and pulled the guy with me to score the touchdown,” Jones said. Photo by Delano Hamilton

Varsity Football

With a record of 5-4 on Nov. 1, the Eagles headed into the districts playoffs against Eagle High, losing 51-32. 

Head coach Todd Simis said, “Offense played great but we had a hard time stopping Eagle’s offense, the kids gave a great effort throughout the game!”

Simis felt that the team needed some more defensive stops in the game to have a chance of winning. 

A couple players worth noting were Jackson Reed and Carson Bohning. Simis said, “Jackson caught 12 psses for 275 yards and 1 TD. Carson threw for 445 yards and 3 TD, he also rushed for 47 yards and 1 TD.” 

Simis said, he thought, “It was awesome that our band showed up to support the team, we also had great support from our students and parents!”

New this season was the white uniforms, as a team they had the same traditions and goals.

A 16  year coaching veteran, Simis said that one athlete of note this season was Senior Quarterback Carson Bohning because “He is new to Capital this year and is our QB.” Another athlete was senior OL/DL Isaac Walker because, “He is a two way player for our team.”

CHS Today • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in