- The student news site of Capital High School - Formally known as CHS Flight -
+Senior+Jonah+Blackham+catching+a+touchdown+in+the+3rd+quarter+helping+us+win+against+Boise+at+Donal+Larson+on+Aug.+30.%0A%E2%80%9CIt+felt+good+to+beat+Boise%2C+we+had+a+good+game%2C+Blackham+said.+Photo+by+Jennifer+Vasile+%0A+%0A
Back to Article
Back to Article

Varsity football

Senior Jonah Blackham catching a touchdown in the 3rd quarter helping us win against Boise at Donal Larson on Aug. 30.
“It felt good to beat Boise, we had a good game, Blackham said. Photo by Jennifer Vasile

Senior Jonah Blackham catching a touchdown in the 3rd quarter helping us win against Boise at Donal Larson on Aug. 30. “It felt good to beat Boise, we had a good game, Blackham said. Photo by Jennifer Vasile

Varsity football

Varsity Football team member Lucas Shepard said the most important part of the season was the great culture they had the team. From freshman year to senior, they got the same treatment. However, seniors received more trust kinda like family.

“ Most of us spend the whole summer together and still hangout during the season which makes us so close,” he said.

Another important part of being on the team was that everyone pushed themselves to achieve their goals. Everyone on the team worked hard all the time, they pushed each other. 

“Even though we have had a rough season we aren’t worried, we just keep working and pushing to get better for playoffs,” he said. 

Capital has an awesome atmosphere, they work with each other, they push each other to their full capability, and especially always have each others backs.

“If one of us gets injured we are always there to help each other and to encourage each other to do better,” he said.

In the future he wants the team to make the playoffs and to get to championship. He also said he wants to start getting ready to play college football at Eastern Oregon. 

“ We hope to make it to state, and wherever I am, I hope I find a great football program like Capital,” Shepard said.

CHS Today • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in