- The student news site of Capital High School - Formally known as CHS Flight -
Sophomore+Juan+Saldana%2C+senior+Patrick+Moes%2C+senior+Brennan+Gaffney+cuts+the+ball+back+from+Rocky+Mountain+to+get+it+on+to+Capital%E2%80%99s+side+of+the+field+at+Milwaukee+park+on+Oct.+2.+%E2%80%9CThis+night+was+very+important+for+the+seniors+because+it+was+the+last+home+game+of+the+season+as+well+as+Senior+Night%2C%E2%80%9D+Gaffney+said.+Photo+by+Gwen+Inglehart+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Boys Varsity Soccer Coach Interview

Sophomore Juan Saldana, senior Patrick Moes, senior Brennan Gaffney cuts the ball back from Rocky Mountain to get it on to Capital’s side of the field at Milwaukee park on Oct. 2. “This night was very important for the seniors because it was the last home game of the season as well as Senior Night,” Gaffney said. Photo by Gwen Inglehart

Boys Varsity Soccer Coach Interview

With a record of 2-5 on Sept. 30 Head Coach Benis Omercevic said that the most memorable moment of the season for the Varsity Soccer team would be to break a 17 year drought with an appearance at the State Tournament.

New this season was Morgan Press as a new Junior Varsity Head Coach.

A 10 year coaching veteran, Omercevic said that one athlete of note was senior midfielder Patrick Moes because “he is a leader through and through. He embodies leadership in everything he does. His tenacity and ability to rally a team around him are traits which are not often found in such a young athlete. I believe his potential in the future, both as an athlete and leader, are tremendous.”

In the future, Omercevic said that “we hope to make our first State appearance since 2002.”

CHS Today • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in