- The student news site of Capital High School - Formally known as CHS Flight -
Back to Article
Back to Article

Girls Varsity Soccer

Senior MacKenzie Thiel, Borah game, Oct. 11. Photo by Alexa Johnson

Girls Varsity Soccer

With a record of 0-14-1 on September 26, 2019 Head Coach Rachel Saleen said that the most memorable moments of the season for the Varsity Girls Soccer team were when the girls continued to fight courageously and showed resilience and have been able to create a variety of dramatic opportunities into the attack. 

New this season was the “two new JV coaches. Katie Omercevic – a counselor at Frank Church. And Lauren Schams – a 12th Grade Government Teacher at Capital.”

A 6 year coaching veteran, Saleen said that one athlete of note was junior Keeley Cross because “Keeley has stepped up for us in big ways this year. She is an extremely versatile player and is able to be a game changer in a variety of positions whether it be defense, midfield, forward, or even goalkeeper,” Saleen said.

Another athlete was sophomore defender Kristen Halcomb because “Kristen has done an incredible job transitioning onto the Varsity team this year. She plays with courage and without fear which makes her an incredibly dynamic defender that finds ways to get into the attack,” Saleen said.

In the future, Saleen said that “every year we continually see growth in our program with more and more talent coming in at a younger age. I’m excited for the year(s) when we really start to see the result of years of hard work and pride in our program show itself on the scoreboard,” Saleen said.

CHS Today • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in