- The student news site of Capital High School - Formally known as CHS Flight -
Back to Article
Back to Article

College Application Week

Upstairs hallway, College Application Week, Oct.17. Photo by Sam Glidewell

College Application Week

College Application Week was run by Career Center Counselor Robbie Cupps and other teachers to prepare and educate the whole school about college. Students and teachers wore their favorite college shirts to school and decorated their classrooms with colleges that they went to or recommended. College Application Week was great for reminding students that they should always think about college and plan for the time to come. In all, College Application Week was meant to show students that college can be fun, with preparation and dedication.

Senior Trace Schultz participated in College Application Week. He said college was super important for seniors and said why everyone needs to be prepared for the college world. 

“College Application Week is where you can apply for a dream school and understand more about the college world,” he said.

Another important thing about College Application Week was that it gave students plenty of time to think about college. This was key because college can be confusing and can cause a lot of trouble if not thought about.

“Be aware of your interest and the degrees they offer. And work towards that in high school,” Schultz said.

The week gave students lots of colleges to pick from and a lot of options career wise. The teachers also gave information about what their college life was like and gave hints and tips to be successful in this topic.

“If you don’t know what college you want to go to, apply for as many as you want and really listen to what they have to offer,” he said.

Schultz was planning on going to college for sports medicine. He was going to see what colleges were coming to Capital, and see what fit him best.

“Find an interest and pursue it, and look for a college that you really good with,” Schultz said.

CHS Today • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in