- The student news site of Capital High School - Formally known as CHS Flight -
Back to Article
Back to Article

German Field Trip to Alpenhaus Deli

Senior Cole Vanderlaan ate 16 servings of sauerkraut on the field trip. “I love the sauerkraut because it’s so good and I believe it’s homemade. I ate another 5 servings by the next day,” Vanderlaan said. Senior Gabriella Woozley, German Field Trip, Sept. 27. Photo by Faith Ambrose

German Field Trip to Alpenhaus Deli

The German 1, 2, 3 and 4 classes went to Alpenhaus Deli on September 27. The point of this field trip was to experience and enjoy authentic German food, music and culture right here in Boise.

Sophomore Fatema Shaker thought her first German field trip was really fun. To her, the most important part of the trip was the music. 

“The music was very outgoing and it had a good vibe, like from one of those old movies, especially with the clothes they wore,” she said. The musicians and employees inside the deli wore traditional lederhosen in celebration of Oktoberfest, a German festival celebrated in October with music, food and drinks.

“Germany is big and has a big history, I just like learning about the culture,” Shaker said. Learning about the culture was a big part of the field trip, and Shaker plans to continue in the program.

CHS Today • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in