- The student news site of Capital High School - Formally known as CHS Flight -
Back to Article
Back to Article

Swim team

Senior Addie Nalder and junior Macie Frans stand together at the YMCA during the Mountain View meet on Oct. 24. “Swim team is a great way to get close to people at Capital that you otherwise wouldn't have met,” Nalder said. Photo by Anita Lochner

Swim team

Senior Morgan Cole said the meets were one of the most important things about being on the Swim team. She described how the meets were competitive, the teams cheered for their teammates which can get competitive.

“Meets are long but really worth it-and fun,” Cole said.

Another important part about being on the Swim team was hanging out at practice. She explained how practice made the team closer and some of the Swim team hungout outside of school.

“It’s fun to cheer on friends and be supportive of their accomplishments,” she said.

A lot of time was spent, both at practice, meets, and her own job; teaching kids how to swim. Swim team has encouraged her to be around the water more.

“Spent a lot of time around pools, their a part of me,” she said.

She hopes that, in the future, she will continue to train kids how to swim and to be a coach eventually.

“Might do it in college just for fun,” she said.

CHS Today • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in