- The student news site of Capital High School - Formally known as CHS Flight -
Back to Article
Back to Article

Cross Country

JV Boys Cross Country, Districts,Oct. 25. Photo by Nolan Rehl

Cross Country

Assistant Coach Amy Ciaccio said that the most memorable moment of the season for the Cross Country team was District. 

” We always get great performances because it is the chance for the teams to qualify for the state meet,”she said.

Noteworthy this season was “the annual trip to Coeur d’Alene in September which is always a highlight.”

“ We get to run along the lake the day before the meet. The course is so much fun and we get to enjoy Silverwood afterwards and camp that night,” Ciaccio said.  

A 7 year coaching veteran, Ciaccio said that one athlete of note was sophomore Tiffany Thomas because She’s new to the team this year and having a great year.”

Another athlete was senior Trace Schultz because, “He’s the boy’s Varsity team captain.”

After the State Meet, Head Coach John Doherty said, “We had a great day. Robyn Reeder was 8th, her best State finish and Trace Schultz finished 29th, way higher than he was on paper. Both ran great. Team-wise, the boys race was the craziest scoring I have ever seen. Timberline and Meridian tied for first, so they had to go to the 6th man.Timberline’s 6th man was only one spot ahead of Meridians 6th, Timberline State Champions. Madison and Eagle tied for 3rd place. Madison’s 6th man was one spot ahead of Eagles by 1 second. Madison 3rd place.”

CHS Today • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in