- The student news site of Capital High School - Formally known as CHS Flight -
Back to Article
Back to Article

Varsity Volleyball

Senior Emily Garus serving against Timberline, Sept. 10.
Photo by Delano Hamilton

Senior Emily Garus serving against Timberline, Sept. 10. Photo by Delano Hamilton

Varsity Volleyball

The most important thing to senior Emily Garus was winning against Rocky Mountain at Senior Night. The team was down in the first two sets but made a comeback and won the last three sets winning against Rocky. 

“It was a big win at the time because Capital was in 6th place and Rocky was in 3rd so it got everyone excited for the win,” Garus said. 

Another important thing was being able to beat higher ranked teams such as Bishop Kelly and Rocky Mountain. They played Bishop Kelly early on in the season and after that continued to play consistent after that.

“It made us more and more excited that the team can be up and down with winning and being able to show them what Capital is made of,” she said. 

The team came together and everyone became closer and had a great season. This year there was a lot of juniors on the team so many of them were already friends. It was easier to get closer. 

“We had a lot of fun on and off the court and I made a bunch of great memories this year,” she said

In the future she plans on playing volleyball at Lewis and Clark college.

“I’m really excited to have the opportunity to play at a higher level,” she said.

CHS Today • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in