- The student news site of Capital High School - Formally known as CHS Flight -
Back to Article
Back to Article

Swim Coaches Interview

Varsity Swim, practice,Olivia Baker, Sophie Surbeck, Julia Lochner, Reagan Walhof, Sawyer McCloskey Photo by Anita Lochner

Swim Coaches Interview

With a record of 3-1 on Oct. 22, Head Coach Nicole Brown said that the most memorable moment of the season for the swim team was beating many of their team records this far in the season. All swimmers were planning on swimming at Districts this year. New this season was assistant coach Keith Herback.
A 2nd year coach, Brown said that one athlete of note was junior Reagan Walhof and senior Paul Shutt because “their dedication in and out of the pool, time management skills with sports and school work.”
A highlight for Brown this season was, “at each meet we’ve had at least two swimmers beat a school or personal record. Watching each swimmer progress in practice and at swim meets has been nothing short of amazing and rewarding.”
In the future, Brown said that she’s looking forward to “progressing as a team. Being the best team we can be, and putting in the most effort we can to help perform our best.
Junior Reagan Walhof said that teamwork is one of the most important things about being on Swim team. Walhof described how “you get what you put in” and how there is a lot of team collaboration even though swimming is a mostly individual sport she emphasized how important this collaboration is within the team.
“Everybody should join, there are alot of different skill levels,”Walhof said.
She explained how it’s a really exciting opportunity to possibly make it to state because of the relays because it’s one of the only parts of swimming that you get to work with your team.
“A Lot of hard work, but you know what to expect.” she said.
She hopes that, in the future, she will continue to play for Capital.

CHS Today • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in