- The student news site of Capital High School - Formally known as CHS Flight -
The+cast+of+Narnia%3A+The+Lion%2C+The+Witch%2C+And+The+Wardrobe+doing+their+final+bows+at+the+end+of+a+performance+on+October+23.+%E2%80%9CAt+times+it%E2%80%99s+very+chaotic%2C+it%E2%80%99s+a+very+energetic+group.+There+are+a+lot+of+leaders+to+help+us+stay+with+what+we%E2%80%99re+doing%2C%E2%80%9D+sophomore+Cameron+Purdy+said.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Capital Pride Players production of ‘Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe

The cast of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe doing their final bows at the end of a performance on October 23. “At times it’s very chaotic, it’s a very energetic group. There are a lot of leaders to help us stay with what we’re doing,” sophomore Cameron Purdy said.

Faith Ambrose

Faith Ambrose

Faith Ambrose

In October, the Eagle Pride Players produced and performed their own production of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe in the Capital High School auditorium.

Sophomore Hanna Fuhriman and the rest of the cast found out what play they would be performing at the beginning of the year so they could get started right away. Fuhriman had never watched the reworking that went into the movie nor read the Chronicles of Narnia book series. 

“I felt indifferent because I didn’t know anything about the play,” she said.

One of the most important parts of the production was casting each character with a member of the cast. 

“It’s essentially survival of the fittest, we all had to speak out to see how everyone fit with the roles,” Fuhriman said.

Fuhriman portrayed Jaedis, the White Witch in the play. Her character was the villain of Narnia, the “so-called” queen.

“Everyone was terrified of me because I didn’t leave character until curtain call, and the role was invigorating because I was able to release deep, dark emotions and built up anger through my character,” she said.

In the future Fuhriman plans to continue with Capital’s productions through high school but has no inclination to continue after graduation.

“Acting is just a fun high school thing,” Fuhriman said.

CHS Today • Copyright 2020 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in