- The student news site of Capital High School - Formally known as CHS Flight -
Back to Article
Back to Article

AP World Food Feast

Sophomores Lindsay Crandall, Jade Zhen, Branden Allen, Connor Hankel, Nicole Guan, and Avery Sterling poses for AP World Food Feast Nov. 22. “The food was great,” Guan said. Photo by Mandy Ha

AP World Food Feast

Sophomores in Doug Stan’s World History class conducted a food feast on Nov. 22. Stan said that food says a lot about someone’s culture. Food is something we need in our lives, but it’s more than what we need. It reflects who we are. 

“Try different foods, like going to a new restaurant or cooking a new recipe,” Stan said.

Always be open to try new foods. He found people seem to get in a rut about food. When they tried new foods, it inspired them in ways they weren’t before. 

“Eat something you have never tried before because that’s what life is, it’s trying new things,” he said.

Students should be open to try new foods during the feast. Since it’s the closest thing to traveling without an airplane.

“Be adventurous. It is a risk to try new foods, new textures, and new tastes,” he said.

In the future, he hopes that it will be bigger and better. Combining classes and inviting other teachers to bring their students to join the feast. 

“It’s a great way to learn. It’s important for students themselves to learn about new things,” he said.

CHS Today • Copyright 2020 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in