- The student news site of Capital High School - Formally known as CHS Flight -
Back to Article
Back to Article

Lunch in the Courtyard

Sophomores Kaleah Gowans, Claudia Costantino, Britney Le, Lunch in the Courtyard, Dec. 12. Photo by Malorey Gafford

Malorey Gafford

Malorey Gafford

Malorey Gafford

Lunch in the Courtyard

The Courtyard was an outside space in the middle of the Capital High School Campus where students were free to eat their lunch and even hang out after school. 

Sophomore Kaleah Gowans talked about how she really liked eating outside in the courtyard because it was an “anxiety free” space. She also liked how it wasn’t as crowded as the lunchroom.

“You don’t really have to worry about where to sit as much as you do in the cafeteria. There is plenty of space,” she said.

Another reason Gowans enjoyed eating lunch in the courtyard was because she liked how  “different” it was.

“In Junior High it was closed campus and we could only eat in the cafeteria so it’s nice to have a change,” she said.

Gowans also said it was nice to eat in the courtyard because it was a very large open space. 

“It’s really nice to have the big open space. You can pretty much sit anywhere with anyone,” she said.

In the future, Gowans said she would continue to eat outside in the courtyard until she graduated. Even if it was cold. She also said that she wanted to encourage people to try eating in the courtyard at least once in their years spent at Capital High School. 

“A little cold doesn’t hurt. You should at least try it out,” she said.

Sophomore Claudia Costantino was another student who really enjoyed eating in the courtyard. The reason she liked eating in the courtyard was because it was fun.

“It’s a lot of fun because there are a lot of people to talk to and make friends with,” she said.

Another reason Costantino enjoyed eating in the courtyard was because she liked how entertaining it sometimes was. She liked listening to other students crack jokes.

“A lot of people that also eat outside can be really entertaining and funny sometimes. I like a good laugh,” she said.

Costantino also really liked eating outside because she liked being in the nice environment setting of the courtyard.

“I like how we have a big open area with a big tree. I do wish there were a few more tables though,” she said.

In the future, Costantino said that she too would continue to eat outside in the courtyard, and she wanted to encourage others to start eating there too.

“There is nothing wrong with trying a new place to eat lunch. It’s a lot of fun and you should try it at least once. You might actually like it,” she said.

CHS Today • Copyright 2020 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in