Sophomore Jadn Twedt, Sophomore Amelia Wood, Sophomore Britney Le, Derector Mrs. Patteson, Quad Orchestra Concert, Nov. 19, Photo by Jonathan Lopez

Quad Orchestra Concert

The Orchestra performed a concert with the junior high students from Fairmont Junior High at the auditorium on Tuesday, Nov. 19 at 7:00 p.m. because they want to show the junior high students what it’s like being in orchestra and how fun it would be.

Senior Katerine-Ali’i Gormley said they had played the pieces at a festival. After working hard and preparing the pieces for a couple months they performed in front of well-respected judges from local symphonies and orchestras at festival. The feedback they received  helped them improve their musicianship and they used it when they performed it at their concert.

“The pieces they worked so hard on turned out beautiful as they used each other’s talents to bring the music to life,” she said.

Gormley said it was a super fun experience playing with junior high students. Playing with the junior high nearly tripled their size.

“It was super cool to work with and help these upcoming eagles play and perform music,” Gormley said.

Gormley said they were directed by one awesome director, their director Sandy Shoen and student directors Molly McCallum were both amazing. 

“Shoen, who is in charge of the program, really teaches and inspires to not only play but perform and love our music, which we did at our performance,” Gormely said.

Gormely said that in the future, Capital High School is super exciting and is going to grow a lot. There are a lot of talented kids who are excited and moving up under the direction of Shoen. 

“She was excited to hear and see how amazing and beautiful the next generation of talented musicians will be,” she said.

CHS Today • Copyright 2020 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in